Equality and Diversity
At Forth Valley College, we are committed to ensuring that all staff and students can work or study in an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation and that everyone can progress equally.
We are guided by the Equality Act 2010 which sets out our responsibilities to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Advance equality of opportunity
- Promote good relations
This is important for all staff and students.
In particular, we ensure equality in regards to protected characteristics.
- Gender Identity
- Pregnancy and Maternity Status
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Religion or Belief (including Lack of Belief)
- Sexual Orientation
We ensure equality by:
- Delivering a learning support service for students with additional support needs
- Supporting students with guidance and welfare including mental health and wellbeing
- Monitoring our staff and student profile and ensuring those with protected characteristics progress equally
- Ensuring harassment advisers, work positive advisers and counselling services are available to support staff and students
- Monitoring and resolving hate incidents
- Hosting events and awareness raising activities
- Including equality and diversity in our courses and staff development activities
- Delivering an ongoing 'Respect' campaign across all our campuses
Respect For All
Our aim is to ensure our learning community is free from harassment, bullying or intimidation of any kind. Your conduct on-campus helps everyone to "RESPECT ALL" throughout the College.
Respect Campaign Video
Equality Outcome Reports - Summary Information
This infographic document provides a summary of our Equality reports, with high level information and data presented in an easy read and graphical format
Equality Impact Assessment (EQIAs)
An EQIA verifies that policies, procedures and practices ensure fairness, advance opportunity and foster respect, in line with the Equality Act 2010. In this section, you'll find completed EQIAs, along with some additional information about the FVC approach to EQIA and aims for the development of EQIA over the next few years.
We are always interested in hearing what staff, students and partners think of equality at Forth Valley College.
To share your views, or to get involved in our activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org