Thinking about Applying to College?
Looking for inspiration to choose the right course for you?
- Choose a course
- Create an account to apply online or login with your existing details to complete our online application form
- Application submission confirmation email sent to your email address
- Application received by our Student Administration Team and screened against the entry criteria for the course
- You will receive an email with details of our recruitment and selection process
- If any of your contact details change between application submission and selection, please let us know your new details as soon as possible via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants should keep an eye on their email inbox as well as junk/spam mail folders for an offer of a place
- Online Enrolment will commence after the Easter break for those with Unconditional Offers and Conditional PVG
- On completion of your online enrolment and induction you will receive access to your student portal
- Timetables will be available from early August and early January for courses starting in the New Year
SCQF Framework Video
Not sure which level to study?
National Qualification (NQ/NC)
National Qualifications include the national courses that school pupils now undertake in their senior phase, including Highers and Advanced Highers. They also include National Certificates which develop skills and knowledge relating to a specific subject or occupational area.
Higher National Certificate (HNC)
This is an advanced programme of study that can be studied over one year of full-time study or in some cases 2-3 years with part-time study. You may be able to move from an HNC SCQF Level 7 to the second year of an HND SCQF Level 8, provided you pass an additional three appropriate credits.
Higher National Diploma (HND)
This qualification offers a higher level or study than an HNC. It takes up to two years to complete on a full-time basis or in some cases up to five years with part-time study. With most HNDs you can leave at the end of first year with an HNC provided you have passed the necessary units.
National Progression Awards (NPA)
NPAs are aimed at assessing a defined set of skills and knowledge in specialist vocational areas. They also link to National Occupational Standards, which are the basis of SVQs. NPAs are at SCQF Levels 2 - 6 and are successfully delivered in partnership between schools, colleges and employers.
This is a post HND qualification that is gained after successfully completing an additional one year of full-time study.
An ordinary/honours degree can be achieved after three or four years of successful full-time study.
Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ)
Nationally recognised qualifications gained in the workplace. The qualifications are designed by industry to meet their requirements and approved by National Sectors Skills Councils.
Nationally recognised qualifications gained in the workplace. MAs vary in levels but a typical MA will consist of an SVQ, Core Skills and either an NC, HNC or HND or a combination of these.
Ensure your funding is in place before the start of your course
Let us know if you require additional support with your learning
If your change your mind, please let us know as soon as possible