Forth Valley College (FVC) wants all students to be successful during their time studying here. We want everyone to gain a place on an appropriate course, learn new skills, gain qualifications and progress into a positive destination whether that be further education, higher education, training or employment.
We want all Care Experienced students to achieve their full potential, enjoy the experience of being at college and truly thrive at FVC.
What does ‘Care Experienced’ mean?
- The term ‘care experienced’ refers to anyone who has been in care
- Formal kinship care: living with a relative who is not your mum or dad with social services involvement
- Foster care – living with foster carers
- Looked after at home: with the help of social work
- Informal kinship care (not eligible for Care Experience Bursary): living with a relative who is not your mum or dad without social services involvement
- Secure care – living in a secure unit
- Residential care: living in a residential unit or school
Applicants are strongly encouraged to indicate they have been in care via their college online application.
Telling us you have been, or continue to be in care, means our Student Support team will contact you before your course starts to explain all the support available to you.
What support is on offer?
The support on offer is wide and varied and depends on each individual student and what is right for you. Support can include:
· Help through the application process
· Guaranteed interview if you meet the course entry requirements
· Dedicated named contact – as soon as you tell us you are Care Experienced, one of our Support and Guidance Advisors will be in touch. They will be your named contact throughout your time at college to offer support as and when you need it
· Priority processing for funding application
· Additional financial advice and support
· Care Experienced Student Bursary funding (eligibility criteria apply)
· Access to additional services, such as the Time4Me Mentoring programme.
If you would like to find out more about our commitment to support care experienced students, you can access our Corporate Parenting Plan here.
Contact email@example.com for more information.