Sustainability is a top priority for the College, and we are committed to minimising environmental impact from our activities. We recognise our corporate responsibility to act in a responsible manner to protect our environment whilst also promoting sustainability issues.
We outline our responsibilities in our Sustainability Commitment Statement, which you can view here.
The College also recently backed the sector wide ‘Scottish Colleges’ Statement of Commitment on the Climate Emergency’, which outlines 10 key actions colleges will deliver to help achieve Scotland’s Net Zero target. You can view the full statement here.
How to get to our campuses in a greener way
Forth Valley College has a strong focus on promoting cycling to staff, students and visitors. Cycling to the College can help you play your part in protecting the environment.
To find cycling resources and information on the cycling facilities available at each campus, please click on the link below:
Our Sustainability Key Facts:
- Our BREEAM rated campuses are in the top 25% for efficient new builds
- We cut total CO2 emissions from 2501 (tCO2e) in 2014/15 to 1454 (tCO2e) in 2019/20
- Our Alloa and Stirling campuses use food waste stations that reduce waste by up to 80%
- A 15% cut in electricity consumption from 2014/15 to 2019/20
- Car miles travelled has been reduced by 42% in 2019/20
- Van miles travelled has been reduced by 46% in 2019/20
- Our new hybrid working model will support lower travel carbon emissions