Making Vocational Training Work
At Forth Valley College, we are committed to providing sector leading programmes for all our clients with our SVQs in Engineering, which offer significant benefits to employers.
Our industry standard facilities and the experience of our lecturers, singles the college out as one of the best places for enthusiastic newstarts to begin their engineering journey.
Why choose Forth Valley College?
- We hold the highest achievement rate for engineering providers in Scotland at 91%
- We have increased the number of places available by 10-15% in recent years in order to meet employer demand
- We recently invested over £1.2 million in our engineering facilities offering state-of-the-art industry standard workshops and learning environments
- We are one of the largest training providers of engineering in Scotland, working closely with industry to offer innovative training solutions that deliver real results for employers
- We are proud to be STEM assured - the industry-led quality mark for STEM training awarded by the STEM foundation
Browse our Engineering Frameworks
"Apprenticeships have been a great way of growing talent for the future of FMC. This scheme has allowed us to develop a talented, committed, competent workforce with core business values and vision."Lorna Cuthbertson - Learning Specialist FMC Technologies
- Candidates can be skilled and qualified within three years
- e-portfolio for enhanced employer input into the programme
- More flexibility in assessment evidence
- Increased vocational training element
- Full NC and PE02 completed in year 1
- Additional skills option available