SVQ/MA Engineering Technical Support (Engineering Drawing) SCQF Level 6
Candidates must be employed by a company within the engineering industry.
This training programme will develop a range of hand skills applicable to the engineering industry and provide individuals with an awareness of safety and quality practices. This will provide specialist technical understanding and knowledge to those who will be working as technical support in engineering.
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational requirements
- using and interpreting engineering data and documentation
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
- Plus optional units
As well as the above SVQs, Modern Apprenticeship candidates undertake the following:
- NC Mechanical, Manufacture or Electrical Engineering
- HNC Mechanical, Manufacture or Electrical Engineering
- Core Skills SCQF 5
Candidates may progress to an HND in Mechanical, Manufacture or Electrical Engineering
- Candidates must be employed by a company within the engineering industry
- Four Standard Grades at Level 3 or above or the new National 5 including Maths, English, and a technical subject
- Higher Maths would be desirable
Please note that Modern Apprenticeship candidates will be selected by interview and aptitude test.