SVQ/MA Engineering: Fabrication & Welding (Sheet Metal Working 3mm or less) SCQF Level 6
Candidates must be employed within the Engineering Industry to undertake this course.
This training programme will develop hand skills and technical awareness applicable to the fabrication and welding industry. Candidates will also learn about health and safety and quality practices. The course will provide individuals with knowledge and understanding relating to all types of welding and joining, thermal, non-thermal and structural engineering.
SVQ Engineering: Fabrication & Welding (Sheet Metal Working 3mm or less) SCQF Level 6
6 Mandatory Units:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Using and interpreting engineering data and documentation
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
- Marking out components for metalwork
- Cutting sheetmetal to shape using hand and machine tools
- Forming sheetmetal using hand and machine tools
- Plus 3 optional units
As well as the above SVQ, Modern Apprenticeship candidates undertake the following:
- Core skills at SCQF Level 5
- SEMTA Modern Apprenticeship Certificate SVQ Level 3 Fabrication and Welding Engineering SCQF Level 6
- SVQ Performing Engineering Operations SCQF Level 5
- NC Fabrication and Welding Engineering Practices
- SVQ Level 3 Fabrication and Welding Engineering Work-based Units (Tailored) SCQF 6
- HNC Fabrication and Welding
Candidates may progress to an HND in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Candidates must be employed by a company within the engineering industry
- Four Standard Grades at Level 3 or above or the new National 5 including Maths, English, and a technical subject
- Higher Maths would be desirable for HNC pathway
- Applicants will be selected by interview and aptitude test