SVQ/MA Engineering Maintenance: Lift Servicing SCQF Level 6
Candidates must be employed by a company within the engineering industry.
This training programme will develop the hand skills and technical awareness relevant to a career in the manufacturing industries. Individuals will gain an awareness of best practice relating to health, safety and quality. The programme will provide knowledge and understanding of engineering practices required for a career in an industrial environment.
Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
Using and interpreting engineering data and documentation
Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
Handing over and confirming completion of maintenance activities
Carrying out fault diagnosis on lifts
Checking lift function
Rectifying faults in lifts
Repairing/replacing lift doors, chains, ropes and equipment
As well as the above SVQ, Modern Apprenticeship candidates undertake the following:
- Core skills at SCQF Level 5 Engineering Maintenance Lift Servicing
- SEMTA Modern Apprenticeship Certificate
- NC Electrical Engineering
- SVQ Performing Engineering Operations SCQF Level 5
- HNC Electrical Engineering
Candidates may progress to an HND in Electrical Engineering
- Candidates must be employed by a company within the engineering industry
- Four Standard Grades at Level 3 or above or the new National 5 including Maths, English, and a Technical Subject
- Higher Maths would be desirable
Please note Modern Apprenticeships candidates Applicants will be selected by interview and aptitude test.