SVQ/MA Engineering Maintenance: Fluid Power SCQF Level 6
Candidates must be employed by a company within the engineering industry.
This training programme will develop the hand skills and technical awareness relevant to a career in the manufacturing industries. Individuals will gain an awareness of best practice relating to health, safety and quality. The programme will provide knowledge and understanding of engineering practices required for a career in an industrial environment.
SVQ Engineering Maintenance: Fluid Power SCQF Level 6
6 Mandatory Units:
Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
Using and interpreting engineering data and documentation
Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
Handing over and confirming completion of maintenance activities
Carrying out fault diagnosis on fluid power equipment and circuits
Maintaining fluid power equipment
Plus 2 optional units
A well as the above SVQ, Modern Apprenticeship candidates undertake the following:
- Core skills at SCQF Level 5 Engineering Maintenance Fluid Power
- SEMTA Modern Apprenticeship Certificate
- NC Mechanical Engineering
- SVQ Performing Engineering Operations SCQF Level 5
- HNC Mechanical Engineering
Candidates may progress to an HND in Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidates must be employed by a company within the engineering industry
- Four Standard Grades at Level 3 or above or the new National 5 including Maths, English, and a Technical Subject
- Higher Maths would be desirable
Please note that Modern Apprenticeship candidates will be selected by interview and aptitude test.