SVQ/MA Engineering: Fabrication & Welding (Pipe and Tube Fabrication) SCQF Level 6
Candidates must be employed by a company within the engineering industry.
This training programme will develop hand skills and technical awareness applicable to the fabrication and welding industry. Candidates will also learn about health and safety and quality practices. The course will provide individuals with knowledge and understanding relating to all types of welding and joining, thermal, non-thermal and structural engineering.
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Using and interpreting engineering data and documentation
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
- Plus 5 optional units
- SEMTA Modern Apprenticeship Certificate SVQ Level 3 Fabrication and Welding Engineering SCQF Level 6
- SVQ Performing Engineering Operations SCQF Level 5
- NC Fabrication and Welding Engineering Practices
- HNC Fabrication and Welding
- Core Skills SCQF 5
Candidates may progress to an HND in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Candidates must be employed by a company within the engineering industry
- Four Standard Grades at Level 3 or above or the new National 5 including Maths, English, and a technical subject
- Higher Maths would be desirable for HNC pathway
Please note that Modern Apprenticeship candidates will be selected by interview and aptitude test.