Chemicals, Manufacturing & Petroleum
Making Vocational Training Work
It should come as no surprise to find that Forth Valley College is one of Scotland's leading trainers linked to the oil and gas industry.
The Grangemouth refinery Complex sits virtually on the doorstep of our Falkirk Campus and with our state-of-the-art workshops, plant simulation facilities and lecturing expertise, the giants of this industry have no hesitation in sending their candidates to be trained here.
Why choose Forth Valley College?
- We offer innovative training solutions that deliver real results for employers
- We hold the highest achievement rate for engineering providers in Scotland at 91%
- We are only one of four centres in Scotland to offer the process manufacturing frameworks
- We have extensive links with industry and are ideally situated near the Grangemouth strip
- We recently invested £1.2million in our state-of-the-art training facilities
- We are proud to be STEM Assured - the industry-led quality mark for STEM Training awarded by the STEM Foundation
Browse our Chemicals, Manufacturing & Petroleum Frameworks
"As well as their expertise in understanding the skills we need, Forth Valley College also understands the business that we are in and that's important. We see the College as a partner and their approach to doing business with us smacks of professionalism."Ian Fyfe, INEOS
- Our programmes will develop highly qualified technicians to meet future demands
- Increased vocational training element
- Our programmes are suitable for huge multi-national organisations to small independent companies
- All programmes develop a high level of health and safety skills
- e-portfolio for enhanced employer input into the programme
- More flexibility in assessment evidence
- Additional skills option available