SVQ/MA Process Engineering Maintenance (Instrumentation and Control) SCQF Level 6
Candidates should be employed within the process manufacturing industry.
This training programme will develop the skills and technical awareness applicable to the process manufacturing industry and also provide knowledge of safe working practices required. It will provide individuals with fundamental skills and understanding with a major emphasis on the use of technology for working within an industrial setting.
SVQ Process Engineering Maintenance (Instrumentation and Control) SCQF Level 6
- Handover Process Engineering Plant and Equipment
- Reinstate the Work Area after Completing the Maintenance of Process Engineering Plant and Equipment
- Minimise Risks to Life, Property and the Environment
- Work Safely, Minimise Risk and Comply with Emergency Procedures
- Contribute to Effective Working Relationships
- Carry out Planned Maintenance Procedures on Instrument and Control Systems
- Deal with Variations and Defects in Instrument and Control Systems
- Diagnose and Determine the Causes of Faults in Instrument and Control Systems
- Plus 4 Optional Units
As well as the above SVQ, Modern Apprenticeship candidates undertake the following:
- Core skills at SCQF Level 5
- COGENT Modern Apprenticeship Certificate
- NC Measurement and Control
- HNC Measurement and Control
Candidates may be interested in further training courses available at the college.
- Candidates should be employed within the process manufacturing industry
- Four Standard Grades at Level 3 or above or the new National 5 including Maths, English, and Chemistry
- Higher Maths and Chemistry would be desirable
Please note that Modern Apprenticeship candidates will be selected by an interview and aptitude test.