Making Vocational Training Work
Forth Valley College is proud to be able to support our Hairdressing SVQ candidates to achieve highly sought after industry recognised qualifications. Our Work Based Assessors regularly monitor progress, technique and development through to the completion of the qualification. The College is recognised throughout central Scotland and beyond as one of the best places to train for a career in the hair and beauty industry.
Why choose Forth Valley College?
- We have extensive links with employers and our programmes reflect industry needs
- We use high quality products in all our salons including Paul Mitchell and Eve Taylor
- Former students have achieved UK-wide awards
- We continually evaluate our programmes to include the latest services and treatments
- Highly skilled staff with a vast range of industry experience
Browse our Hairdressing Frameworks
"Hairdressing is a fast paced industry which requires training that responds to ever changing fashion trends and client demand for new services and treatments."
- Our programmes have a strong focus on developing practical skills in real working environments
- All our programmes adhere to industry codes of practice
- Our programmes are suitable for those in traditional hairdressing roles and can also provide a basis for progressing to a specialist career route in the future
- There are opportunities for our students to further develop their skills by working at high profile events and taking part in national competitions