Start your own business
Budding entrepreneurs among Forth Valley College’s students are being urged to get their dreams of owning their own company on track, at an informative Business Start-Up Awareness Seminar at the Alloa Campus on Tuesday 6 February (4-6pm).
Business Gateway Clackmannanshire are calling for all prospective Michelle Mones or Richard Bransons – though there are other telecom giants to make this call on other than Virgin Mobile – to contact them to reserve their spot - just click here!
So whether you want to be a cut above the rest with your own hairdressing shop, tap into your creativity with an arts and crafts enterprise or sell the best Scottish Tapas from a quirky burger van of your very own – then you have got to get yourself along to this seminar.
This concise workshop will cover the fundamentals you need to know when starting up a new business such as:
- Your business idea – there’s no point in in trying to sell snow to someone from the North Pole
- Starting a business – you can’t just sit there and wait on thousands of customers to find you
- Forming a business – A few wee tips will get you up and running
- Business name – could be the unique selling point of your venture
- Income tax & NI – very important to get this right
- VAT - … and so is this
- Record Keeping - …ditto this
- Premises – location, location, location to get that footfall or that privacy you require
- Insurance – always best to have a safety net
- Financial Support – a wee bit of investment to start with can help you get started.
Also covered will be the additional FREE Business Gateway services available from the local office in Alloa, plus info on the national enquiry service and research team.
Early registration is advised to avoid disappointment.
Date and Time: Tuesday 6 February 2018 from 4pm-6pm.
Location: Forth Valley College, Alloa Campus, 1 Devon Road, Alloa, FK10 1PX