Developing Basic Skills for Tour Guiding - Evening
Please note that due to COVID-19, this course will be delivered on-campus with reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place.
This is an introductory course that will allow you to develop the necessary basic knowledge and skills to become an effective tour guide.
There will also be the opportunity to take a tour with a qualified tour guide at a Historical site in Stirling.
The course provides the opportunity to take part in a practical simulations at a site in Stirling.
- Skills, roles and qualities of the Tour Guide
- Stirling product knowledge (research skills)
- Itinerary planning
- People and group management
- Customer care
- Basic health and safety requirements
- Presentation skills
- Site visit (1/2 day Saturday x 2)
Enthusiasm and a passion for the industry reflected in your personal statement.
Further advice for evening applicants:
- Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged.
- Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full.
- Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions.
- If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer require their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per the College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College.
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information.
12 January 2021
09 March 2021
Cost per person