SQA First Aid Emergency
With enhanced cleaning in place practical assessment of chest compressions using first aid manikins will continue.
This session will train individuals to the standard required by the Health & Safety Executive for the purpose of the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. The First Aid Emergency course is the minimum level of first aid training for the workplace, appropriate for low risk environments or for those acting in the absence of a fully qualified first aider. It will give individuals the confident to deal with low risk incidents and work towards HSE targets on the minimum number of first aiders within the workplace. On completion of this course candidates can opt to progress onto the First Aid at Work qualification, please discuss this with the trainer. The certificate awarded will be valid for three years, however resuscitation guidelines advise that each individual attend an annual update.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury (such as cuts, grazes, minor burns and scalds)
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to assess an incident.
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
Certificate Issued: SQA
This is a hands on course that includes physical elements such as demonstrating CPR on a manikin. You will also be required to kneel on the floor to carry out the practical assessments and we would ask that you dress accordingly.