BSc (Hons) Software Development with Cyber Security - Year 2 (University of Stirling)
Please note that due to COVID-19, this course will initially be delivered via a blended learning approach, which may include face-to-face learning in the classroom, remote learning off-campus and digital learning. When delivery is taking place on-campus, there will be reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place.
This course is a unique and exciting opportunity which will kick start a career in one of Scotland’s most thriving industries.
This degree has been developed with input from employers across the Scottish ICT community and will deliver the skills required to take advantage of the 11,000 job opportunities available each year. Students will develop skills in key ICT areas with a focus on software development and analytical skills.
There will be an emphasis on employability skills and industrial awareness to ensure graduates are ‘work-ready’ on completion of their course.
The degree is taught jointly by Forth Valley College and the University of Stirling.
If you would like to apply for the Partnership Degree course, you can request to be sent a link to our custom built direct application form, rather than completing a UCAS application form. We can offer assistance in completing the form. If you would prefer this option, please email the University of Stirling at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the link to the direct form and advising which course you wish to apply for.
If you would like further information or guidance, please contact Forth Valley College’s University Partnership Officer, Lisa Baxter: email@example.com
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Object Oriented Programming
- Website Essentials
- Software Development: Developing Websites for Multiplatform Use
- Graded Unit 2 - Project
- Data Structures
- Relational Database Management Systems
- SQL: Introduction
- Professional Development for Computer Scientists
- Scripting for Data Science
- Software Engineering II
- Information Systems
- Computer Games Development
- UX Design
- Operating Systems Concurrency & Distribution
- Code Analysis & Performance
- Industrial Work Placement (compulsory)
- Honours project (compulsory)
- Computer Science & Networks
- Artificial Intelligence
- NoSQL Databases
- Web Services
- Mobile App Development
- Software Engineer
- System Designer
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Architect
- Systems Administrator
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
- Project Manager
- NET Developer
- Applications Developer
- Mobile Applications Developer
- Java Developer
- Network Engineer
- Programmer Analyst
- Year 2 entry may be available for applicants who currently have or are working towards an HNC Computing or HNC Cyber Security and who achieve an A or B in their graded unit.
- Applicants with different qualification or grade profile are still welcome to apply, as all applicants are considered in their own merits.
- Entry is subject to units completed within the applicant's HNC programme.