HNC Construction Management (Year 1) - Evening
Please note that due to COVID-19, this course will be delivered on-campus with reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place.
This course develops awareness of the structure and operation of the construction industry by providing the fundamental knowledge and skills required for employment as a Construction Manager. The course also enables progression onto higher qualifications. All participants will be required to use College Virtual Learning Environment (Moodle) to complete course work personal learning plans and work diary. This course is eligible for a fee waiver and part-time fee grant.
This course will be delivered on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Course content includes:
- Construction Industry: Fundamentals
- Construction Technology: Domestic Construction
- Building Services: in Large Buildings
- Construction Site Surveying 'A'
- Construction Technology: Industrial Commercial
- Superstructure - Construction Technology: Substructure
- Health & Safety in Construction
- CAD 2D 1
- Site Administration
- Standard Forms of Construction Contract
- Construction Management Graded Unit 1
- Construction Materials and Specifications
- Construction Project Manager
- Building Supervisor
- Building Inspector
- Architectural Technologist
- Quantity Surveying Technician
Year 2 - HNC Construction Management
One of the following:
- 2 Higher grades in either Maths, English or Craft and Design and 2 Standard Grades at Level 3 or National 4 or above in a technical or science related subject.
- Successful completion of a relevant access course or an appropriate group of National Qualification Units.
- Applicants who do not meet those criteria but have relevant industry experience or alternative qualifications will be considered at the discretion of the Curriculum Manager.
Further advice for evening applicants:
- Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged.
- Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full.
- Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions.
- If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer require their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per the College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College.
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information.
31 August 2021
09 June 2022
Cost per person