BA Art & Design - Year 3
The well-established and highly successful BA Art and Design course at Forth Valley College is a challenging, creative and exciting programme which encourages students to develop their creative practice while embracing a wider understanding of the theories and context of the wider arts world. Students will be expected to advance skills and specialisms established at HND level, before finally showcasing their work at the end-of-year exhibition.
This degree is validated by the University of Stirling.
- Studio Practice 1
- Studio Practice 2
- Personal Development Planning
- Independent Contextual Research
- A wide range of career paths across the creative industries - including within organisations, freelance and self-employed
- Successful candidates can apply for direct access to year four of BA Art & Design Honours study at the University of Stirling
- Honours level study at a range of other institutions
- Stage 1 - Applicants will be required to submit a digital folio of recent artwork
- Stage 2 - Applicants who progress to stage 2 will be expected to bring a portfolio of recent artwork to their selection interview
Plus one of the following:
- Full completion of an appropriate HND, including an A or B graded unit (Appropriate HNDs may include Art and Design, Contemporary Art Practice, Visual Communication/Graphic Design and Photography)
- References and any relevant information
Please note that entry to this course is always subject to the applicant producing a suitable portfolio of artwork
Further advice for full-time applicants:
- Please ensure you have an online account before starting your application.
- If you created your account prior to September 2016, you will need to register a new account.
- Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
- Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately
- If you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
- Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
- Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
- If your application is successful, you will be invited for interview. For January start courses interviews will be in Nov/Dec and interviews for August start courses will take place between February and May
- If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
- Applicants who provide a mobile phone number on their application form will be sent a text reminder prior to the day of interview
If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
24 August 2020
11 June 2021