Passport to Learning
This 19 week course could be a progression route for students on the Pathfinders course or winter school leavers who are mature and prepared to study at National 5 level in a college environment. Successful applicants will be introduced to new subjects across the college departments and will build upon their study skills in preparation for further study within the college. Applicants should have an interest in all the timetabled subjects.
- Core Skills
- Intro to Business
- Intro to Creative Industries
- Intro to Social Sciences
- Health and Wellbeing
- Local Investigations
All students will receive individual guidance and support to help them make decisions about their future.
- National Qualification
- Selection by successful completiton of face-to-face interview
- References may be required
Further advice for full-time applicants:
- Please ensure you have an online account before starting your application.
- If you created your account prior to September 2016, you will need to register a new account.
- Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
- Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately
- If you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
- Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
- Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
- If your application is successful, you will be invited for interview. For January start courses interviews will be in Nov/Dec and interviews for August start courses will take place between February and May
- If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
- Applicants who provide a mobile phone number on their application form will be sent a text reminder prior to the day of interview
If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application - please email email@example.com
21 January 2019
21 June 2019