- Professional Cookery – Practical and Theory
- Professional Cookery – Kitchen Operations
- Food Hygiene for the Hospitality industry
- Health and Safety in Hospitality
- Stocks, Sauces and Soups
NC Professional Cookery (SCHOOLS)
An exciting opportunity for students with a passion for cooking, looking to take the first step in their professional culinary career. This course is a full time college course, where the student spends 12 hours per week in our industry standard kitchens. They will get to do practical work experience in our refectory and training kitchen, alongside learning all the theory that goes with working in a kitchen environment. It is designed to get the students ready for the world of work.
This is a very unique course, that requires significant time out of school classes. Students must be available for the full 12 hours per week to achieve the SCQF level 5 NC in 1 year. The planned timetable is as follows – Tuesday 9-4, Wednesday 1-4 and Friday 9-12. The campus that they will be on will vary and will be confirmed.
- Chef – Commis level
- Pastry Chef
- Line Cook
- Level 2 (SCQF Level 5) Professional Cookery or Level 3 (SCQF Level 6) Professional Cookery
- NC Bakery
- Must have completed National 5 Hospitality (Practical Cookery) to have the necessary base skills for this qualification.
22 August 2022
27 May 2023