- Data Security
- Ethical Hacking
- Digital Forensics
NPA Cyber Security (SCHOOLS)
***PLEASE NOTE - only pupils who will be at school during session 2023/24 can apply for this course***
The NPA in Cyber Security will provide foundation knowledge and skills in data security, digital forensics and ethical hacking.
The aim of the award is to produce knowledgeable and skilled individuals who are aware of the potential misuses of, and unauthorised access to, computer systems but who use these competences for legal and ethical purposes.
You will learn to improve your cyber hygiene and identify security weakness safely, legally and ethically.
Ethics and the law are fundamental aspects of these awards. Ethical considerations are included in every component Unit, and legislative considerations are included in all appropriate Units.
- The career path for this course is further study.
- The progression from this course is further study.
- Passes in National 4 Maths, English and preferably Computing Science
Further advice for School College Programme and Foundation Apprenticeship applications:
• Please ensure you have an online account before starting your application
• Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
• Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
• Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately
• If you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
• Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
• Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
• If your application is successful, you will be invited to an information session
• If your application is unsuccessful, you should speak to a guidance teacher or SDS school liaison officer.
• If you are unable to attend the information session or wish to withdraw your application, please email the School Partnership team - email@example.com
22 August 2023
14 June 2024