SVQ/MA Wood Machining SCQF Level 6
Candidates must be employed by a company within the Wood Machining trade.
This training programme aims to develop the craft skills and knowledge applicable to the modern day requirements of the wood machining industry through combining on-the-job and off-the-job practical training. The programme will also include control and health and safety practices.
SVQ Wood Machining SCQF Level 6
- Machining Woods
- Manufacture of Components
- Applicable Workshop Practices
- Machine Maintenance
- Tool Room Practices and Skills
As well as the above SVQ, Modern Apprenticeship candidates undertake the following:
- Core Skills SCQF Level 5
Candidates may progress to further or higher education courses.
- Candidates must be employed by a company within the wood machining trade
- 4 Standard Grades at level 3/4 or above or the new National 5
Please note that Modern Apprenticeship candidates are selected by interview and aptitude test.