SVQ/MA Carpentry and Joinery SCQF Level 6
Please note that candidates must be employed by a company within the Construction Industry.
This training course aims to allow candidates to develop the skills and knowledge required to become a qualified tradesperson in carpentry and joinery. It combines practical training both on-the-job and off-the-job, knowledge and associated studies.
- Bench and Joinery skills
- Craft Appreciation in Woodwork
- Manufacture Joinery Components
- Health and Safety
- Quality Practice
- Awareness of Issues and Trends in the Industry
As well as the above SVQ - Modern Apprenticeship candidates undertake the following:
- Core Skills SCQF Level 5
Candidates may progress to further or higher education courses.
- Candidates must be employed by a company within the Construction Industry
- 4 Standard Grades at Level 3/4 or above or the new National 5 in relevant subjects
Please note that Modern Apprenticeship candidates are selected by interview and aptitude test.