- Health and social care
- Introduction to social sciences
- Introduction to community work
- Local investigations
- Research issues
- Core skills SCQF - Level 4/5
Newstart - Care and Communities
This course is aimed at learners who want to experience a range of academic and vocational subjects whilst simultaneously improving their core skills.
Learners will also attend workshops which will facilitate personal development.
Personal learning plans also provide support to learners when applying for future courses.
This course is based at the Falkirk Campus and the Care and Community path is for learners who are interested in working in potential careers such as social work, education, youth work and nursing.
We highly recommend that if students intend studying a Care course in August next year, that they apply as soon as possible due to the high volume of applications. Students on this course will have the opportunity to complete SQA units.
- Social work
- Youth work
- NC Working with Communities
- HNC Working with Communities
- NC Social Care
- HNC Social Care
- Selection will be by individual interview
- References may be requested
Further advice for full-time applicants:
• Please ensure you have an online account before starting your application
• If you created your account prior to September 2016, you will need to register a new account
• Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
• Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
• Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately
• If you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
• Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
• Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
• If your application is successful, you will be invited for interview. For January start courses interviews will be in Nov/Dec and interviews for August start courses will take place between February and May
• If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
• Applicants who provide a mobile phone number on their application form will be sent a text reminder prior to the day of interview
• If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application - please email email@example.com
15 January 2024