- Social Care Practice
- Understanding and Supporting Behaviour and Mental Health
- Grief and Loss
HNC Social Services
This advanced level course is a blend of practical and theoretical learning which provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge required for a career in social care. Learners will also engage in a social care placement, where they will undertake three SVQ social services and healthcare units.
Successful completion of this course provides the necessary qualifications for registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
- Social care officer/worker
- Support worker
- Day care officer
- Foster carer
- Community work
- Care officer
- Social Work assistant
Forth Valley College has formal articulation links in place for entry into year 2 of the following degree programmes:
- BA (Hons) Community Education - University West of Scotland
- BA (Hons) Intergrated Health & Social Care - University West of Scotland
Please note articulation links are subject to change and do not guarantee a place on any university course. Students should check with individual universities for more detail. Each institution will have specific entry requirements.
- Successful interview
- Must have 60 days practical experience in either a paid or voluntary position within a relevent care setting
- Clear Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check required. Further information on the PVG Scheme will be issued to successful applicants prior to enrolment.
Plus one of the following:
- Two Highers at grade C or above (including English or Communication 4/Literature 1) and National 5 Maths (or equivalent)
- Foundation Apprenticeship in Social Services and Health Care with at least one Higher at grade C or above (English or equivalent)
- Successful completion of all units/ exams within the Pathway to Social Care (SCQF Level 6)
- Successful completion of all units/ exams within the Pathway to Health Care (SCQF Level 6)
- Successful completion of the SVQ Health and Social Care Level 3 (SCQF Level 6)
- Applicants that do not meet these criteria, but have relevant paid workplace experience or alternative qualifications may be considered
Please note a distance learning option is available for candidates employed in a social care environment. Please see website for more detail.
Further advice for full-time applicants:
- Please ensure you have an online account before starting your application
- Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
- Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account - Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately
- If you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
- Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
- Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
- If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
- If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
21 August 2023
21 August 2023