NC Computing (with Cyber Security)
This course is an SCQF level 6 course which will provide you with both practical skills and theoretical knowledge in a range of computing subject areas, and supports progression to further study in crucial areas such as programming.
The NPA Cyber Security Level 6 qualification (including Data Security, Digital Forensics & Ethical Hacking) is part of this course.
It will prepare you for progression onto a range of HN programmes in Computing, which in turn can lead to articulation to university.
- NPA Cyber Security (including Data Security, Digital Forensics & Ethical Hacking)
- Higher Computing Science(units only)
- Authoring a Website
- Applications Development
- Network Literacy
- Computing Hardware & Systems
- Computing Project
- Computing: Academic Skills
- A minimum of 5 National 5 awards preferably including Computer Science, Mathematics and English, or equivalent Standard Grades at 2 or above.
Further Advice for full-time applicants:
- Please create an online account when starting your application. Your login details for the old College website are no longer valid
- Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
- Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately – if you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
- Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
- Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
- If your application is successful, you will be invited for interview. For January start courses interviews will be in Nov/Dec and interviews for August start courses will take place between February and May
- If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
- Applicants who provide a mobile phone number on their application form will be sent a text reminder prior to the day of interview
- If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
28 August 2017
15 June 2018