- Core Skills
- Creative Industries
- First Aid
- Workshop Skills
- Leisure & Recreation
This course is ideal for young people who have not achieved at school or who feel they have outgrown the school environment. This access to further education programme provides students with the opportunity to find out what the College has to offer and to build self-confidence.
There will be an opportunity to achieve SQA units.
Students should be willing to learn and try new things and take part in all timetabled activity.
Students will be supported throughout the duration of the course within a positive and respectful College environment.
- All students will receive individual guidance and support to help them make decisions about their future
For August start Pathfinder courses, students can progress on to Passport to Learning (available on all campuses), this is further access course at Level 5 providing a variety of subjects or our New Start Courses as follows:
- Newstart Care & Communities - Falkirk Campus
- Newstart Construction & Engineering - Falkirk Campus
- Newstart Creative Industries - Stirling Campus
- No formal entry requirements, selection will be based on individual interviews and reference where required.
Further advice for full-time applicants:
• Please ensure you have an online account before starting your application
• If you created your account prior to September 2016, you will need to register a new account
• Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
• Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
• Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately
• If you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
• Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
• Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
• If your application is successful, you will be invited for interview. For January start courses interviews will be in Nov/Dec and interviews for August start courses will take place between February and May
• If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
• Applicants who provide a mobile phone number on their application form will be sent a text reminder prior to the day of interview
• If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
19 August 2024
19 August 2024
19 August 2024