HND Mechanical Engineering (Year 1) - Evening
Please note that due to COVID-19, this course will be delivered on-campus with reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place.
This advanced course provides learners with a wide range of knowledge and skills required for mechanical engineering relevant to mechanical, manufacture, process, oil and gas and alternative energy industries. The objective of the programme of study is to provide a broad understanding of mechanical engineering technologies. In addition, it develops organisational skills including project planning, maintenance strategies, methods of design analysis, leadership and personal skills.
This course will be delivered on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Information Technology Plant Systems
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Process Equipment and Selection Advanced Strength of Material
- Applied Industrial Plant Maintenance
- Design for Manufacture Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics
- Engineering Drawing
- Engineering Skills Project Management
- Business Awareness and Continuing Professional Development
- Graded Unit 2: Mechanical Engineering Fundamentals of control and Transducers
Engineering Technician in:
- Oil and Gas
- Alternative Energy Industries
- Year 3 of related degree programme.
The successful completion of the current SQA HNC Mechanical Engineering Group Award containing the 12 HN Units within the current HNC Group Award.
Further advice for evening applicants:
- Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged.
- Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full.
- Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions.
- If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer require their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per the College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College.
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information.
08 September 2020
17 June 2021
Cost per person