Tracing your Family Roots: An Introduction - Evening
Please note that due to COVID-19, this course will be delivered on-campus with reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place.
This course is suitable if you are new to family history or have little knowledge of how to trace your family roots. It will focus largely on using Scottish records but the techniques used can be applied to search records in other countries. It will look at civil registration of births, marriages, deaths, census records, parish registers, as well as covering other useful traditional and online resources which can be used to trace your ancestors. Learners should be confident and familiar with the Windows operating environment, file management, using emails and using the internet to gain maximum benefit from this course.
This course will be delivered on Tuesday evenings.
For learners with little or no knowledge of family history research and genealogy.
Course content includes:
• Tools and tips for tracing and recording your family history research
• Using and accessing Scottish Birth, Marriage, Death, Old Parish Register and Census Return records and also how to access English, Welsh and Irish records
• Digital resources and other archive resources
Learners should be confident and familiar with the Windows operating environment, file management, using emails and using the internet to gain maximum benefit from this course.
Further advice for evening applicants:
- Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged.
- Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full.
- Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions.
- If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer require their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per the College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College.
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information.
11 January 2022
22 February 2022
Cost per person