Digging Stirling - An Introduction to Archaeology & History of Stirling - Evening
Please note that due to COVID-19, this course will be delivered on-campus with reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place.
An introduction to archaeological techniques and practices in the context of the history of Stirling.
Stirling sits at the lowest crossing point of the Forth, if you don’t control Stirling you can’t control Scotland. Every major event in Scottish history impacts or is impacted by Stirling.
Learn about our earliest ancestors, Romans and Picts, Vikings and Angles, Kings and Queen, heroes and villains and much, much more!
Explore Scotland’s former capital and understand the best preserved medieval city in Scotland!
This course will be delivered on Tuesday evenings.
- Introduction to the history of Archaeology
- Stirling’s Geography and its influence on Scottish History
- Romans and Celts
- Wars of Independence
- Stewarts: From Peak to Trough
- Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobites
- Field trip to Old Town Cemetry (Sunday morning trip – 3 hours)
- Field Trip Excavation of Stirling Castle Midden (Sunday morning trip 3-4 hours)
No formal entry requirements.
Further advice for evening applicants:
- Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged.
- Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full.
- Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions.
- If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer require their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per the College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College.
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information.
10 May 2022
14 June 2022
Cost per person