MEng Mechanical Engineering (Heriot-Watt)
There are many exciting career opportunities available in the mechanical, manufacture, process, oil and gas and alternative energy industries. This programme provides students with a wide range of knowledge and skills related to mechanical engineering technologies. Students will spend the first two years at Forth Valley College’s new state-of-the-art Falkirk Campus before progressing to Heriot-Watt University to complete their Master’s degree.
Year 1 & 2 – Falkirk Campus
Year 3, 4 & 5 – Heriot-Watt University
Applicants should apply direct via the College's online application process.
One of the following:
- Two Highers at grade B and one at grade C or equivalent (to include Maths and a science or technology subject)
- Foundation Apprenticeship in Engineering plus two further Highers at BB or BC to include Physics and Maths
- Please note that selection will be made via successful interview and group task. The selection session will also include a tour of the College and an opportunity to ask questions about the course.
Further advice for full-time applicants:
• Please ensure you have an online account before starting your application
• If you created your account prior to September 2016, you will need to register a new account
• Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
• Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
• Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately
• If you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
• Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
• Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
• If your application is successful, you will be invited for interview. For January start courses interviews will be in Nov/Dec and interviews for August start courses will take place between February and May
• If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
• Applicants who provide a mobile phone number on their application form will be sent a text reminder prior to the day of interview
• If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application - please email email@example.com
24 August 2020
11 June 2021