BA (Hons) Digital Media (University of Stirling)
Please note that due to COVID-19, this course will initially be delivered via a blended learning approach, which may include face-to-face learning in the classroom, remote learning off-campus and digital learning. When delivery is taking place on-campus, there will be reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place.
This multimedia course is designed to support students who wish to pursue a career in the vibrant, fast paced media industry. Students will develop skills across a range of media specialisms including television, film, radio, print and online. They will explore the tools, applications and industry practice of the digital environment, creating content and sharing it across a range of platforms. With a strong focus on practical skills the course will also develop an in-depth understanding of ethical and legal considerations of working within the media industry.
The programme combines the technical and theoretical media skills and industry insights of the Forth Valley College staff team with the advanced academic training and up-to-date digital expertise of the University of Stirling.
The first two years of this course is delivered at our Stirling campus.
During the first two years, there will be regular transition sessions at the University of Stirling.
UCAS Code: W2N9
For further information, please visit the University of Stirling webpage here.
If you would like to apply for the Partnership Degree course, you can request to be sent a link to our custom built direct application form, rather than completing a UCAS application form. We can offer assistance in completing the form. If you would prefer this option, please email the University of Stirling at email@example.com requesting the link to the direct form and advising which course you wish to apply for.
If you would like further information or guidance, please contact Forth Valley College’s University Partnership Officer, Lisa Baxter: firstname.lastname@example.org
In first year
- Introduction to Storytelling: scripwriting, radio, video and narrative & media theory.
- Journalism for Digital Media: copywriting for media, digital journalism, desktop publishing & research for media, law & the media.
- Creative Economy: understanding the creative industries & economy, presentation skills and social media.
- Independent Project 1: a self devised, designed and delivered project showcasing skills developed throughout the year.
In second year
- Storytelling Theory and Production: advanced scripwriting, radio, video and film studies for new media.
- Applied Digital Media: media communication theory, critical analysis of texts, advanced social media practice, introduction to animation.
- Independent Project 2: a self devised, designed and delivered project showcasing skills developed throughout the year.
- Plus a range of options in 3rd and 4th year at The University of Stirling
- Community Media
- New Media
- Employment or further study
One of the following:
- Three Highers at grade B or equivalent (to include English)
- Foundation Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media plus two further Highers at B or equivalent, one of which must include English
- Applicants with a different qualification or grade profile are still welcome to apply, as all applications are considered on their own merits