CompEx Foundation (ExF)
To participate in this course you will require a web camera or built in front facing camera on your laptop or PC as well as good internet connectivity. We would also recommend candidates have a comfortable and ergonomic seating arrangement in a room with minimal background noise.
Please click here to read important information regarding CompEx extensions for certification.
This nationally recognised course provides knowledge based training and assessment. This is the latest Comp’Ex training unit developed to give a full understanding of the requirements of working safely in a potentially explosive atmosphere. It is designed specifically for electrical supervisors, contract managers and senior management, to enable a greater appreciation of Comp’Ex core competency and the promotion of safe working. The Health and Safety Executive has supported the development of this programme.
If the dates below do not meet your requirements additional dates/spaces may be available. Please call 01324 403173 or e-mail: email@example.com to enquire.
Directives & Regulations
- ATEX – Equipment Directive & EPS Regulations
- EAWR – 16
- ATEX – Worker Directive & DSEAR
- Ignition Sources
- Area Classification
- Categories & EPLs – (IEC 60079 – 14:2007)
- Characteristics of Gases and Vapours – (IEC 60079-10)
- Characteristics of Dust – (IEC 61241-10)
- Boundary Signage
- Record Keeping, Contents of First Aid Boxes
Equipments for use in Hazardous Areas
- Types of Protection
- Essential Health and Safety Requirements - (BS EN 1127-1)
- Ingress Protection (IP Rating)
- Maintenance Work
- Work Permits
- Gas-free Certificate
- Thermite Issues
- Working Equipment Does Not Mean Safe
- Hazardous Areas are not Related to Confined Spaces
- Method Statements
- Control of Vehicles
- Need to Report Defects
- Need to Determine what Competency Level is Required by Each Member of Staff
- Need for Written Procedures
- There are no entry requirements for this course.