CompEx Foundation (ExF)
Please note that due to COVID-19, this course will be delivered on-campus with reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place.
Please click here to read important information regarding CompEx extensions for certification.
This nationally recognised course provides knowledge based training and assessment. This is the latest Comp’Ex training unit developed to give a full understanding of the requirements of working safely in a potentially explosive atmosphere. It is designed specifically for electrical supervisors, contract managers and senior management, to enable a greater appreciation of Comp’Ex core competency and the promotion of safe working. The Health and Safety Executive has supported the development of this programme.
If the dates below do not meet your requirements additional dates/spaces may be available. Please call 01324 403173 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
- ATEX – Equipment Directive & EPS Regulations
- EAWR – 16
- ATEX – Worker Directive & DSEAR
- Ignition Sources
- Area Classification
- Categories & EPLs – (IEC 60079 – 14:2007)
- Characteristics of Gases and Vapours – (IEC 60079-10)
- Characteristics of Dust – (IEC 61241-10)
- Boundary Signage
- Record Keeping, Contents of First Aid Boxes
- Types of Protection
- Essential Health and Safety Requirements - (BS EN 1127-1)
- Ingress Protection (IP Rating)
- Maintenance Work
- Work Permits
- Gas-free Certificate
- Thermite Issues
- Working Equipment Does Not Mean Safe
- Hazardous Areas are not Related to Confined Spaces
- Method Statements
- Control of Vehicles
- Need to Report Defects
- Need to Determine what Competency Level is Required by Each Member of Staff
- Need for Written Procedures
Candidates may be interested in other Comp’Ex Competency Modules from Ex01 through to Ex12.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
15 March 2021
16 March 2021
Cost per person
17 May 2021
18 May 2021
Cost per person