Human Biology - Higher - Evening
Please note that due to COVID-19, this course will be delivered on-campus with reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place.
This course provides participants with a broad-based, integrated study of a wide range of biological topics which build on the concepts developed in the Standard Grade and Intermediate 2 Biology courses.
If you are interested in studying a higher, please contact email@example.com.
A deposit of £105 will be required to secure your place on the course. You will also need your Bank name, Sort Code and Bank account number to set up direct debit.
This course is eligible for ITA funding. If you wish to use ITA funding towards the cost of this course, you must first apply for the ITA funding through the My World of Work website. Once you’ve applied for funding, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to book your course.
Please note ITA funding for this course should not be applied for until your place is secured.
This course will be delivered on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Participants will acquire knowledge and understanding of biological concepts, facts, ideas and techniques and the applications of biology in society and industry. The course will give students skills in problem solving, practical abilities associated with biology and will develop positive attributes such as being open minded and being willing to recognise alternative points of view.
One of the following:
- National 5 or Intermediate 2 in Biology
- NC Level 5 in Applied Science
Further advice for evening applicants:
- Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged.
- Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full.
- Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions.
- If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer require their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per the College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College.
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information.
08 September 2020
13 May 2021
Cost per person