Introduction to Screen Printing - Evening
Please note that due to COVID-19, this course will be delivered on-campus with reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place.
This new evening course will allow you to explore versatile screen printing possibilities and techniques on various surfaces. The learners will be shown how to edition their work and print different layers of colour while taking care to register each new layer on top of previously printed colours. The second part of the workshops will concentrate on exploring the possibilities of printing on hand dyed fabric, which will be made into a product of your choice (e.g. cushion, bag). Students will be supplied with cotton fabric and shown how to hand dye it. Subsequently, the participants will print using textile screens and inks to achieve the best result.
If you are interested in etching, please see our other evening class which is called print making.
This course will be delivered on Tuesday evenings.
Throughout the series of workshops, the participants will learn methods and history of screen-printing. This course will focus on each step of using light sensitive stencil screen printing that can produce detailed marks such as painterly washes, linear drawings, photo images, text on paper, wood and fabric. During the first part of the workshops, the participants will learn how to translate individual designs into stencils, expose screens using UV exposure unit, mix water based acrylic colours and hand screen print onto paper and wood (mdf).
- Students can secure employment in the art and design industry.
No previous screen printing experience required. The course will start at beginner level and progress as appropriate according to the abilities of the class. All materials will be supplied.
Further advice for evening applicants:
- Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged.
- Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full.
- Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions.
- If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer require their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per the College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College.
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information.
02 September 2021
11 November 2021
Cost per person