Making Apprenticeships Work
At Forth Valley College, we are committed to providing sector leading programmes for all our clients with our Engineering Modern Apprenticeship programmes which offer significant benefits to employers.
Our industry standard facilities, high achievement rates and the experience of our lecturers, ensures we are one of the best places for engineering training in the country.
Why choose Forth Valley College?
- We hold the highest achievement rate for engineering providers in Scotland at 91%
- We have increased the number of apprenticeship places available by 10-15% in recent years in order to meet employer demand
- We recently invested over £1.2 million in our engineering facilities offering state-of-the-art industry standard workshops and learning environments
- We are one of the largest training providers of engineering in Scotland, working closely with industry to offer innovative training solutions that deliver real results for employers
- We are proud to be STEM assured - the industry-led quality mark for STEM training awarded by the STEM foundation
We are delivering an innovative Scholarship Programme in partnership with Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB).
The ECITB Scholarship Programme will run for one year, five days per week from September 2023 to June 2024.
The course, which has a limited number of spaces available and is aimed at people aged 17+, leads to a National Certificate (NC) in Engineering Systems and a Performing Engineering Operations (PEO2) SCQF Level 5 qualification.
Applications are open until Friday 28 July 2023.
Browse our Engineering Frameworks
"Apprenticeships have been a great way of growing talent for the future of FMC. This scheme has allowed us to develop a talented, committed, competent workforce with core business values and vision."Lorna Cuthbertson - Learning Specialist FMC Technologies
- Apprentices can be skilled and qualified within three years
- e-portfolio for enhanced employer input into the programme
- More flexibility in assessment evidence
- Increased vocational training element for employers
- Full NC and PE02 completed in year 1
- Additional skills option available