Campus Life (breaker).jpg

Full-time Further Education Funding

A further education (or non-advanced) course can be classified as any course below HNC Level (or SCQF Level 6).  Eligibility for funding support will always be dependent on individual circumstances.  In most cases, students studying on full-time non-advanced courses will not have to pay their own tuition fees.  Exceptions to this would be students who are repeating an area of study or those who do not satisfy residency requirements.

Online Student Funding Application

To access the online Student Funding applications please click here.

To find out all you need to know about applying for your funding, please download our How to Guide.

Student Funding Application - How to Guide


To find out more about what funding you're eligible to receive, you can access the Student Information Scotland Funding Checker by clicking here

Our Student Funding Guide is also available to download below. 

Student Funding Guide 20/21




Bursary Maintenance Awards may be available for students aged 18 years or over on the date their course starts. You may also be eligible for a Bursary Maintenance Award if you are under the age of 18 and live by yourself/with a partner/with friends or with your child/children.

The amount awarded will depend on your circumstances.

If you are currently in receipt of benefits, you should contact the Student Funding Team for further advice.

Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA)

Education Maintenance Allowances (EMA) are available for students aged 16-17 who live with their parents/guardians.

If you are granted an EMA, you will be eligible for £30 per week which is paid into your bank fortnightly.

You may also be eligible for EMA if you are studying a non-advanced part-time course, contact student funding to find out more.


Providing you live more than two miles from the campus you attend, you will receive the cost of a zonal student weekly ticket for public transport or fuel costs.

However, you will be unable to receive assistance towards travel costs if you have a bus pass or receive certain types of DLA/PIP benefits.





A childcare fund is available for assistance towards childcare costs. All FE students are eligible to apply to the fund.
This allowance is only paid for days you are timetabled to attend college or approved college work placements.

The amount awarded will be dependent on whether the family is a one-parent or two-parent family.

There is a guaranteed Lone Parent Childcare Grant for Lone Parents - a grant of £1,215 that all lone parents (Full-time/Part-time FE and HE students) are eligible to apply for if they have registered childcare costs.

You may receive these grants even if you are not eligible to receive any further assistance from our childcare fund.
The childcare provider you use must be registered with Social Care and Social Work Improvement Scotland (SCSWIS).

Any assistance from the College’s Childcare Fund is paid directly to the childcare provider. Payments are also subject to attendance checks and parents will be eligible for any costs that are not met by the College.

More information about childcare funding can be found below:


Childcare Mini Guide 


Housing Costs

The housing fund is for assistance with rent/mortgage costs if you have your own permanent accommodation and are financially responsible for these costs.   You will only receive a percentage of your housing costs as this is a cash limited fund.

Students who are eligible for housing benefits/housing allowance from the council or housing element from Universal Credit must apply to the council or DWP in the first instance. 

Care Experienced Bursary

Available for students who have been Looked After by a Local Authority in the UK, are beyond their statutory school leaving date on the first day of the academic year of the course.

If you are a Care Experienced student, you can find out more here



Where you are required to purchase items required for your course, please submit receipts to student funding and we will look at refunding these costs to you. 

Council Tax

As a full-time student, you may be entitled to a council tax discount.  Please contact your local council office for more information.

Student Assistance Fund

If you find yourself in unexpected financial difficulties while at college you may be eligible for assistance from our Student Assistance Fund. 

Student Assistance Fund Application



Got a question?

01324 403 000