Applying to study at Forth Valley College

First, you should take the time to read the information on the international section of the college website and then follow the step by step instructions below on how to apply.

Please note that as an International student, you can only apply for a full-time course which is over 15 hours study per week at a level of SCQF Level 6 or above.

Link to College Key Dates

International Applicant Checklist

  • Complete the International Application Form
  • Collate all supporting evidence (shown below)
  • Send all documentation along with application to the Student Records Office
  • You will then be interviewed, in person (within the UK) or via MS Teams (outwith the UK).   You will then be informed if you have been given a place on the course or not.
  • If you receive a conditional offer - you will be required to pay the full fee requirement of the course and meet any other conditions of the offer. You will then arrange for the conditions to be met
  • An unconditional offer along with a confirmation of acceptance letter will be sent to you in order for you to apply for your visa
  • You should then apply for a study visa at 
  • When your issued with your visa you should advise the Contracts Officer and start to make arrangements to come to the UK
  • You should then alert the College of your flight and arrival details
  • The Contracts Officer will arrange to meet with you as soon as you arrive into the UK to introduce themselves and go through the welfare checklist


Documentation to submit along with your application:

  • Copies of your IELTS certificate (valid for 2 years only). The English Language Test should be from an UKVI Recognised Secure IELTS test centre
  • Copies of academic certificates and transcripts (in English)
  • Fully completed Personal Statement

  • An academic or employment reference
  • A copy of the identity page(s) of your current passport
  • Copy of your current visa/biometric residence permit (if applicable)
  • Copy of your previous visas/biometric residence permit (if applicable)