Making Apprenticeships Work
Our Hospitality MAs earn while they learn their trade in the workplace.
Our Work Based Assessors regularly monitor progress, technique and development through to the completion of the qualification. This allows the MAs to enhance their training on the job, helping them to become a valuable asset to their employers quickly - something which is essential in the hospitality industry.
Why choose Forth Valley College?
- We are located at the heart of Scotland’s tourist industry and have a strong reputation for high standards and quality
- Highly skilled staff with a wealth of industry experience
- Our expertise spans from refectory service to fine dining
- We have excellent links with a wide range of employers both in Scotland and beyond
- Our talent is recognised across the country and in recent years we have provided catering services at several Scottish music festivals and major sporting events
- Our students and staff regularly excel at national competitions
- We also offer a range of other training qualifications relevant to the hospitality industry
Browse our Hospitality Frameworks
"We are very happy with the link up we have with Forth Valley College and it is great that our apprentice can be monitored here in the workplace as they complete their apprenticeship."Alan Fry, Inglewood House
- Our frameworks are suitable for those working in a wide range of environments including hotels, restaurants, the licensed trade, contract catering and the public sector
- Programmes available for new entrants to supervisory level
- Our frameworks allow for different access points based on the needs of the individual and the organisation
- Apprentices gain skills and knowledge whilst gaining relevant experience on the job
- The content of the programme can be flexible to suit the individual and employer
- Our programmes also cover essential skills and knowledge in relation to health and safety, alcohol licensing and food hygiene where appropriate
- Core skills are embedded throughout all programmes