Making Apprenticeships Work
Forth Valley College is proud to be able to work along side Hairdressing MAs while they learn their trade in the workplace. Our Work Based Assessors regularly monitor progress, technique and development through to the completion of the qualification. The College is recognised throughout central Scotland and beyond as one of the best places to train for a career in the hair and beauty industry.
Why choose Forth Valley College?
- We have extensive links with employers and our programmes reflect industry needs
- Former students have achieved UK-wide awards
- We continually evaluate our programmes to include the latest services and treatments
Browse our Hairdressing Frameworks
"Hairdressing is a fast paced industry which requires training that responds to ever changing fashion trends and client demand for new services and treatments."
- Our programmes have a strong focus on developing practical skills in real working environments
- Our programmes develop core skills including communication, working with others, problem solving, information and communication technology and numeracy
- All our programmes adhere to industry codes of practice
- Our programmes are suitable for those in traditional hairdressing roles and can also provide a basis for progressing to a specialist career route in the future
- There are opportunities for our students to further develop their skills by working at high profile events and taking part in national competitions