Making Apprenticeships Work
At Forth Valley College, we are committed to providing sector leading programmes for all our clients with our Engineering Modern Apprenticeship programmes which offer significant benefits to employers.
Our industry standard facilities, high achievement rates and the experience of our lecturers, ensures we are one of the best places for engineering training in the country.
Why choose Forth Valley College?
- We hold the highest achievement rate for engineering providers in Scotland at 91%
- We have increased the number of apprenticeship places available by 10-15% in recent years in order to meet employer demand
- We recently invested over £1.2 million in our engineering facilities offering state-of-the-art industry standard workshops and learning environments
- We are one of the largest training providers of engineering in Scotland, working closely with industry to offer innovative training solutions that deliver real results for employers
- We are proud to be STEM assured - the industry-led quality mark for STEM training awarded by the STEM foundation
We are delighted to announce that we are now delivering a new innovative Scholarship Programme in partnership with Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB).
The ‘ECITB Scholarship’ course will run four days per week from August 2021 to June 2023. Course outcomes include a HNC in Engineering Systems, the Performance Engineering qualification and Level 7 skills specific training in your elected discipline.
Candidates will be supported throughout by both the ECITB and FVC staff to enhance their opportunities to progress onto employment in the engineering industry. They will also receive a weekly £140 training allowance from the ECITB.
The ECITB is keen to boost diversity in the engineering construction sector and encourage applications from female candidates, people from BAME backgrounds and those who are coming from more deprived areas, aged between 16 – 19 years old.
Browse our Engineering Frameworks
"Apprenticeships have been a great way of growing talent for the future of FMC. This scheme has allowed us to develop a talented, committed, competent workforce with core business values and vision."Lorna Cuthbertson - Learning Specialist FMC Technologies
- Apprentices can be skilled and qualified within three years
- e-portfolio for enhanced employer input into the programme
- More flexibility in assessment evidence
- Increased vocational training element
- Full NC and PE02 completed in year 1
- Additional skills option available