The safety of our staff, students and visitors is our top priority.
Whilst restrictions are no longer required across our campuses, we will continue to monitor public health advice and matters related to COVID-19 and will take any action as necessary.
A dedicated college group has been put in place to take this forward and you can find more information on this below.
Within this page, you will also find advice, information and resources as required.
We continue to have a range of measures across our campuses to ensure the wellbeing of our students, staff and visitors.
Increased cleaning measures are in place for the added safety of students, staff and visitors. There are also additional sanitising products, including foot operated dispensers and contactless sanitising units across all campuses.
A fogging machine is used across campuses on a rolling programme as part of our additional sanitising arrangements. This treatment lasts 30 days. The fogging machine covers all surfaces with a fine mist creating a protective membrane and is conducted by our Estates team.
Our electrostatic machines are operated by our Estates and Facilities team to support the enhanced cleaning schedule and are used as an additional measure to keep hard surfaces safe.
Air conditioning filters are routinely changed with units serviced at regular intervals throughout the year. Windows should be opened in rooms to provide additional ventilation.
Face coverings are no longer required on our campuses, however, can still be worn if this is your personal preference.
The Scottish Government has joined the Distance Aware Scheme, a voluntary initiative to help those on the Highest Risk List or anyone who feels worried about mixing with others as we adapt to living with COVID-19.
You can find more information here.
The Resilience Group is a dedicated college group which has been put in place to monitor public health advice and matters related to COVID-19, and offer advice as required.
In particular, the group will:
- Review national and/or sectoral guidance in relation to COVID-19
- Ensure the College is following the latest requirements of the Scottish Government’s Framework
- Advise the Leadership Management Team on proposed changes to College practice to incorporate the latest Scottish Government/NHS or other relevant body advice/best practice
- Review student/staff guidance in relation to COVID-19
- Respond to student and staff queries and concerns
- Review the College returns to Scottish Government monitoring or surveillance requests, if these are requested