City and Guilds Certificate for Proficiency in Baking Industry Skills - Level 2
This qualification is focused on the practical skills and knowledge involved in professional baking. Learners will be assessed in a professional kitchen and on completion will be able to work confidently in a variety of bakery roles within the industry.
- Select, Weigh and Measure Bakery Ingredients
- Prepare and mix dough
- Produce laminated pastry
- Understand how to temper chocolate
- Food Processing Operative
- Manufacturing Production Manager
City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma for Proficiency in Baking Industry Skills
- Successful interview plus 2 Standard Grades at grade 3 or above or National 4.
- Applicants who do not meet this criteria, but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications, may be considered.
Further Advice for full-time applicants:
- Please create an online account when starting your application. Your login details for the old College website are no longer valid
- Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
- Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately – if you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
- Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
- Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
- If your application is successful, you will be invited for interview. For January start courses interviews will be in Nov/Dec and interviews for August start courses will take place between February and May
- If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
- Applicants who provide a mobile phone number on their application form will be sent a text reminder prior to the day of interview
- If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
28 August 2017
15 June 2018