SVQ/MA Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 5
Candidates must be employed and have a minimum of 6 months experience in a care setting to undertake this course.
This training course will develop the basic skills to work as a Care Assistant in a wide variety of occupational settings.
SVQ Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 5
- Support effective communication
- Support the Health and Safety of Yourself and Individuals
- Support the safeguarding of individuals
- Develop your Knowledge and Practice
- Plus 2 Additional Optional Units
As well as the above SVQ, Modern Apprenticeship candidates undertake the following:
• Core skills ICT and Numeracy at SCQF level 4
Candidates may progress to an SVQ Level 3 or SVQ Level 4 Course in a Social Services and Healthcare discipline.
- The job role should be suitable to the level of SVQ undertaken
- An SVQ Level 2 is suitable for those with no direct responsibility
- Core skills would be an advantage
- Candidates should be employed and have their employers approval and support and have a minimum of 6 months experience in a care setting