Certificate in Women's Hairdressing - City & Guilds VRQ Level 2 - Evening
This is a certificated VRQ qualification in Women's Hairdressing at Level 2. The duration of the course is two years - delivered one evening per week. There will be both practical and written assessments.
Course start time 18:00 - end time 20.45
This course is eligible for ITA funding. If you wish to use ITA funding towards the cost of this course, you must first apply for the ITA funding through the My World of Work website. Once you’ve applied for funding, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to book your course.
Please note ITA funding for this course should not be applied for until your place is secured.
Course content includes five mandatory units:
- Health & safety
- Working in the hair industry
- Client consultation
- Shampoo & condition
- Dressing hair
Please note that there will be optional choices of cutting, colouring, promoting products and services and plaiting and twisting hair.
Career paths include:
- Salon improver
- Self-employed stylist
Possible progression includes:
- SVQ Level 3 in Hairdressing
- Other relevant Level 2 and Level 3 VRQ awards, certificates or diplomas
No formal entry requirements. Kits are required for this course and will cost approximately £180. Candidates will be required to provide their own models on specific occasions.
Further advice for evening applicants:
- Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged.
- Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full.
- Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions.
- If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer require their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per the College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College.
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information.
03 September 2019
09 June 2020
Cost per person