Barbering - City and Guilds VRQ Level 2 - Evening
This course will provide the student with the knowledge and skills to cut mens' hair into basic looks and to maintain facial hair shapes using basic cutting techniques.
This course is eligible for ITA funding. If you wish to use ITA funding towards the cost of this course, you must first apply for the ITA funding through the My World of Work website. Once you’ve applied for funding, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to book your course.
Please note ITA funding for this course should not be applied for until your place is secured.
Course start time 18:00 - End time 20:45
Course content includes:
- Cutting mens' hair
- Cutting facial hair
- Working in the barbering industry
- Promote products and services to clients
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
Students can secure employment as a barber or become a self employed barber.
Students can progress to a Level 3 qualification in Barbering.
- Candidates must be 16 years old or over
- Experience in the hairdressing/barbering industry
- Candidates must have a hairdressing qualification (SVQ Level 2 or equivalent)
Candidates must also purchase a kit for this course which will cost approximately £200.
Further advice for evening applicants:
- Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged.
- Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full.
- Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions.
- If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer require their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per the College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College.
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information.
10 September 2019
11 June 2020
Cost per person