Intermediate Food Hygiene - REHIS - Evening
Please note that due to COVID-19, this course will be delivered with a blended learning approach.
The REHIS Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate provides a detailed understanding of food hygiene. It is suited to individuals who are already working in hospitality or catering who have existing skills and knowledge of food hygiene practices. Individuals will gain practical skills in order to carry out activities such as the safe and hygienic handling of food in line with current legislation.
This course will be delivered on Thursday evenings.
Course content includes:
- Introduction to food hygiene
- Food storage and temperature control
- Food preservation
- Bacterial and non-bacterial food poisoning
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Food-borne infections
- Pest control
- Food contamination and prevention
- Hazard analysis and related legislation
- Design, construction and maintenance of food premises
- Equipment and utensils personal hygiene
- Candidates will build on their existing knowledge and skills which may support career progression.
- Candidates must possess the REHIS Elementary Certificate in Food Hygiene or a recognised equivalent.
Further advice for evening applicants:
- Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged.
- Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full.
- Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions.
- If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer require their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per the College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College.
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information.
25 February 2021
13 May 2021
Cost per person