Beginners Award in Floristry - City & Guilds Level 1 - Evening
This course is designed for those seeking employment in floristry but who have no prior experience. Participants will learn how to identify flowers, foliage and plants in common commercial use and create floral designs for weddings, funerals and gift arrangements. The course will consist of practical and theoretical tests.
Course start time 18:00 - End time 20:45
Students will have to provide some of their own materials for this course.
This course is eligible for ITA funding. If you wish to use ITA funding towards the cost of this course, you must first apply for the ITA funding through the My World of Work website. Once you’ve applied for funding, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to book your course.
Please note ITA funding for this course should not be applied for until your place is secured.
Course content includes:
- Assemble basic floral designs
- Identify flowers, foliage and plants
Students could secure employment as a florist assistant whilst they progress on to the next qualification.
Students can progress to the City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Floristry.
The course requires basic numeracy and literacy skills and an enthusiasm for flowers. Previous participation in a floristry leisure course could also be an advantage.
Further advice for evening applicants:
- Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged.
- Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full.
- Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions.
- If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer require their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per the College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College.
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information.
06 February 2020
11 June 2020
Cost per person