SQA First Aid at Work
With enhanced cleaning in place practical assessment of chest compressions using first aid manikins will continue.
This course aims to train individuals to the standard required by the Health & Safety Executive for the purpose of the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. The certificate awarded will be valid for three years, after which candidates may renew their qualification by undertaking the two day First Aid at Work Refresher course. However resuscitation guidelines advise that each individual attend an annual update. The courses will provide individuals with the knowledge and confidence to deal with a first aid situation in the workplace.
- Causes of unconsciousness, strokes and head injuries
- Breathing disorders and resuscitation - wounds and external bleeding
- Internal bleeding, shock, anaphylaxis and heart disorders
- Poisons and substances capable of causing poisoning
- Burns, scalds, corrosive chemicals and electrical injuries
- Personal hygiene when dealing with wounds
- Application of sterile dressings and bandages - injuries to bones, joints and muscles
- Handling and transport of injured - chest and back injuries
- Fracture of spine and pelvis
Certificate issued: SQA
This is a hands on course that includes physical elements such as demonstrating CPR on a manikin. You will also be required to kneel on the floor to carry out the practical assessments and we would ask that you dress accordingly.